Usually we go out to the big fireworks show on July 4th and watch the professionals light up the night sky for us. This year however, we decided to host our own party at home, inviting friends and family over to join in on the fun. We have started the party planning and were not too surprised to learn the following rules and regulations when it comes to purchasing and owning fireworks.
- Only fireworks categorized as “Safe and Sane” can be purchased by the public. Safe and Sane fireworks are small sparklers and fuses, for example.
- “Dangerous” fireworks are most fireworks like torpedoes, rockets, and large sparklers and these are not allowed to be sold to the public.
- Safe and Sane fireworks may only be purchased between noon on June 28th and noon on July 6th. They may not be purchased at any other time of the year.
- Safe and Sane fireworks may only be purchased from state-licensed retailers.
- You must be at least 16 years old to purchase Safe and Sane fireworks.
- Safe and Sane fireworks must not be played with and set off within distance of flammable material and other individuals. This could be disastrous.
We have come to accept that no one can ever set off their own big fireworks show because they are dangerous. Only professionals with a special license can do so and we are perfectly content with having only Safe and Sane fireworks.
If you are hosting your own 4th of July party, please make sure you have the legal fireworks and please use them safely and wisely. The last thing anyone wants is to end up in the hospital or in jail. However, do know that if someone in your party gets arrested, someone from our Ventura Bail Bond Store team will leave our party immediately and to help you right away.